well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Dual Citizenship?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dual Citizenship?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I could claim Irish citizenship through my native-born grandmother. Finding her birth certificate, however, might be a bit of a challenge.

I don't know the logistics of the process. I'm sure it takes $$$ and lots of time.

You only need to apply online to get a copy..My grandmother was born in Northern Ireland..I have a copy from the 30's I suspect for her to get her Green Card..

I applied to get a certified copy from Ireland and it came inside a week.

You just need to document the family line and your own identity...address, passport..etc. notarized...

I have all but my Mom's birth certificate as she is still living and I have to appear in person with mine to prove she is my Mom! The open access is for under 100 years..

But I talked to her about it and she loves the idea..So I have to get a notarized copy of her driver's license!! (She does still have one..and uses it at 90 years old!!! Eeker

Start here

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
My two daughters have dual citizenship because they were born in Australia while my wife and I were residing there and are US citizens by parent citizenship. Australia has since changed their citizenship rules so that would not be the case had they been born there now, but they are grandfathered in under the old rules.

Big Al

--------------------------------
Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post