well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Reintroducing myself
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reintroducing myself
 Login/Join

Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted
Hello everyone,
I've been a member here forever, but have mostly lurked in recent years. In this time of physical isolation I'm feeling the need for some “social closeness”, so here is a bit about me before I jump back in.
- Massachusetts native and life-long resident
- BS in Biology 1973, worked as a research lab tech for 10 years
- MSEE 1986, then a software engineer in high tech for 25 years
- now retired – my true calling!
- lesbian – met my sweetie in high tech 33 years ago and going strong
- violist – play in the Boston Civic Symphony and a string quartet, both for fun
- occasional pianist – took lessons as an adult an am starting to get back to playing
- about my sweetie – she left high tech to become a social worker, then a psychotherapist in private practice, then went to seminary and is now a Unitarian Universalist minister
- - her calling is to interim ministry and she is currently serving a congregation 500 miles away
- - I stayed put for now to be near family, friends, and musical activities, a decision that we revisit often!

Dale

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Dale! I'm a relatively recent addition to the group compared to the rest of you.

I live in the Chicago area, married with no children (just a golden retriever), and retired from a job on the technical side of the financial services industry.

Took piano lessons as a kid and have tried to pick it back up in middle age. I play *at* the piano in fits and starts. Thank goodness for digital pianos and headphones. At least that's what my better half says.

'wtg' stands for 'well-tempered gardener'. Won't come as a surprise that I love to garden....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37795 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Hi Dale! Glad you are posting! We were married in a Unitarian Universalist Church. Husband’s parents still really involved in the church - they are in Eastern Washington state.

Viola - cool! My husband plays the bassoon in the Butte Symphony her in Montana.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hi Dale, welcome back! Flower

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Hi, Dale! Of course I remember you, and great to see you back!

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
Thank you, all!
Nina, I believe we worked for the same corporate giant at one time Smiler

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Nice to see that you will be active here! I remember you...

Me? Gardener, past piano teacher and church organist here in Ma.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Hello, Dale. Good to "see" you again! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Welcome back or however you want to couch it.

I see we joined WTF a mere seven days apart. I would have joined sooner, but I was having email troubles at the time.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Hi, Dale!

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Nice to see you again, Dale! Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Hi, Dale! Welcome back.

Me? I don’t play piano much, ever since knitting took over my life. I design and teach. Design and taught? My teaching gigs have all disappeared with Covid-19. Someday, teaching again!

Hi

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
Hello, hello, everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome back!

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Welcome. Nice to have such accomplished company join us. Hope you'll stay with us. Make your self comfortable.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post