well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Barking Dogs
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barking Dogs
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I would try:

1) talking to them
2) getting support from neighbors and talking to them
3) initiate the town process
4) poisoned steaks
in that order.

NEVER 4

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Yeah that was just a joke.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I am very conscious of our dogs not being *those* dogs. I try not to let them out in the morning too early, or in the evening too late (although I do let them out at bedtime, I let them right back in).

There are times when our dogs, and the foxhounds on the other side of the fence, make a racket announcing their territory to each other. I try to make sure that only happens in the middle of the day.

No complaints from neighbors, so far. (And there is a neighborhood Facebook page where people seem unshackled from complaining.)

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Yeah that was just a joke.

I though that maybe it was a test to see if we read a post all the way through!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Talking to them is a waste.
The people nuts.
I would not talk to them unless there was a crowd of neighbors standing there with me.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Talking to them is a waste.
Those people are nuts.
I would not talk to them unless there was a crowd of neighbors standing there with me.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post