well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    American Carnage

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Carnage
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Look at the whole thread

https://twitter.com/mtracey/st...339435257024516?s=21

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Not sure your point...Twitter view is skewed.I would not rely on it for real news (see realdonaldtrump)

I love Minneapolis after visiting many years ago..It is my hope that reform makes it even better. Right now they are going through much like LA did decades ago..Horrible.....I am not there but I know that their wonderful community will lift all up.

My small, very diverse city is stressed..riots and plywood are no where to be found...All of us, who are still employed, are spending as we can to keep our local businesses open..

But I could post just as many views of 'carnage" here as well...

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I can't. Maybe you can tell us what it says and your analysis of it.

I hear this trope about every other day, IRL. So and so's small business was destroyed by blacks. They were (fill in the blank). In other words, they were not black.

We heard a similar narrative on the news recently (for days on end) about a single looted Target, a single looted Wal-Mart, and one looted McDonald's.

In my view, this is not the larger issue. I think the real problem is police murdering blacks (practically on sight), Hispanics, poor whites, etc. with virtual impunity.

They are rarely arrested or tried and almost never convicted.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post