well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tick, tick, tick

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tick, tick, tick
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Let's check back in 10-14 days or so..

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
To see the explosion in Covid cases?

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
To see the explosion in Covid cases?

No masks, no distance and according the the PBS reporter, no testing on entry. Roll Eyes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I haven't been paying super close attention to Sturgis (the motorcylce rally) but IIRC there were some (a lot?) cases that resulted from that, I would guess that we could expect a similar thing here?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18431 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yeah, one wonders how many elderly Aunt Floras will die as a direct result of this event. The Lincoln Project should be quietly collecting the information. They have the Machiavellian nature to produce a devastating ad in October, based on unprovable but likely linkages to this event. It'll skirt the boundaries of truth, because how one acquires COVID is always a guess, and the ad will most certainly cross over the line of good taste. Can't wait.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Was Herman Cain there?

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
The irony of taking out your own voters....were it not for the collateral damage to innocent contacts of these attendees, I'd be hoping for many more repeats of this before election day.

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Was Herman Cain there?

Evil

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
I haven't been paying super close attention to Sturgis (the motorcycle rally) but IIRC there were some (a lot?) cases that resulted from that, I would guess that we could expect a similar thing here?

Last news I have seen was 100+ cases in 8 states.

Our local news has reported that so far, 6 of those cases in New Hampshire were tied to the rally. Frowner

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
And four have tested positive in NC from the RNC meeting there....so far...

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Repeated from your other discussion, BL since members may not see both.

Yes, as we saw, the mostly unmasked audience were seated very close and freely mingled afterwards.

I noted there was a slight breeze (I was so hoping T's hair was finally going to blow off! Looked possible a few times but I guess he had them use super glue for the occasion). Ventilation IS an important mitigation but not neccessarily for such a large, densely packed crowd.

Yes, we WILL see - at least, if the news is not suppressed. Personallly I suspect the front rows at least were all pretested, whatever they say. Then they can use it as talking points later for campaigning and justifying more aggressive reopening.

Allowing them to use it as "proof" that either the virus is NOT so transmissable or else (can easily see this) that G-d was protecting his annointed - what some churches say.

PS. Wouldn't it be rather early for RNC attendees to get sick from it?

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Let's check back in 10-14 days or so..

Maybe Herman Cain is smiling down on them.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
There's something else. Using the White House violated the Hatch Act, IIRC. It was illegal. Oh well.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post