well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
Sigh...

--------------------------------
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
That Bosie doesn't have a perimeter plate?!

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post

First MIT piano launch, 1972.

Boston Globe

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
OT's rose reminds me: my wife and myself on a cruise formal nite:

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
From PW, an elegant Schimmel

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

"This sleek piano fits right in with the latest trends in interior design and is capable of attracting new customers. An inferior material (MDF), treated with polyester varnish, was replaced with solid three-layer wood, to achieve a more ecological design and improved sound quality, thereby enhancing the product’s image. This piano is available in 10 possible finish combinations. Outer case: Wenge-stained vertical-grain oak or natural vertical-grain oak with a light ceruse finish. Keyboard: white-linen, taupe-gray, bluish-gray, red or yellow-anise lacquer."

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

"From the 50 coats high gloss paint to the 5000 seat auditoriums they occupy, there’s nothing intimate or understated about a grand piano. A concerto on a keyboard or upright however will earn you little respect. At the recent Milan design week, designer Yves Plattard and Yamaha showcased a unique concept called “key between you” that aimed to create a more intimate environment for performances by bringing the musician and the audience together. (costers sold separately)."

Designer: Yves Plattard

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

"The design relives tradition, modernizing the classic piano. The instrument is inserted in a strip of wood and rests on a metal base, soundproofed thanks to sound deadening paint. The base is aligned with the barycentre of the instrument which houses the pedals. The red of the soundboard, the black of the cast iron frame and the transparency of the Plexiglas music stand assert the medley of classic and modern styles.

Just as consonance and dissonance are organized in music, M. Liminal’s shapes and colors are combined in asymmetric designs, simultaneously generating a composite and organic unit, as in nature. The M. Liminal design is dually inspired by music and the “sea”: the shape of the side evokes the profile of a wave while silver evokes the blinding mirror of the water illuminated by the sun. The red of the soundboard and black of the cast iron frame filter through the transparency of music stand, revealing additional beauty and strengthening the feel moment. M. Liminal: the music of shape and the design of sound."

Designer: Philippe Gendre

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
OK, I want this one:

"Ever find yourself writing out your grocery list for the week and thought, “gee, I bet this grocery list would make a really cool song..”? Well, it actually might be a better song than some of the total crap that is flying around the corporate owned FM airwaves. Yamaha, the makers of dirt bikes, boats and musical instruments, have decided that your sketch book could really use some ebony and ivory. In this case, its more like brushed metal and aluminum. Basically Yamaha incorporated their piano keyboard knowledge into this leather sketchpad and went “TADA, look how cool!” Though this is a lovely item to gawk at, it does remind me of those children’s books that have integrated keyboards for them to press along with their page turning."

Designer: Yamaha Studio [ Via: Dezain ]

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Aw hell. The site I linked to with all of the awesome piano pictures on it must not allow hot linking for more than a day.

When I get some time I'll have to go back, download them and re-post.

[edit] OK - now they show up. Weird. Can you see them?
They're worth it - beautiful!

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Aw hell. The site I linked to with all of the awesome piano pictures on it must not allow hot linking for more than a day.

When I get some time I'll have to go back, download them and re-post.

[edit] OK - now they show up. Weird. Can you see them?
They're worth it - beautiful!

Strange. Maybe they're still in my cache, but I empty it nightly and I still see them. Probably their server was offline.