well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    The WTF Recital Registry
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Recital Registry
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
Here's a place to list pieces you've performed or plan to perform in the near future. Hopefully, this will give us all a resource for finding pieces we might wish to undertake.

Links to recordings or MIDIs are much appreciated because some of us don't know a Chopin Nocturne from a Beethoven Sonata without a little help. Comfort

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
My next recital will be in November. I'm playing the first movement of Mozart's K545. I performed the other two movements already, so this will mean I've actually performed a whole sonata. Woot
Mozart Sonata K545, Allegro

My playing will sound exactly like the above midi, except it will be slower and will have more flubs.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of apple
posted Hide Post
do imaginary recitals count?

Posts: 9156 | Location: kc | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apple:
do imaginary recitals count?

Big Grin

Well, let's say any performance counts, so long as there's an audience of at least one appreciative person.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Cindy, is there any way to do it in Calendar format? That way people wouldn't have to scroll down the page to see performances that have been posted out of order.

We are performing a program for 2 pianos in Madrid

Monday, November 7th, 2005
12 noon
Fundación Juan March
(http://www.march.es/)

Program:

Debussy/Ravel Fetes (listen to excerpt here)
Mozart Sonata K448 in D major (first movement excerpt, second movement excerpt, third movement excerpt)
Ligeti In zart fliessender Bewegung from Drei Stucke fur Zwei Klaviere (listen to excerpt here)
Liszt Reminiscences of Don Juan
Infante Danses Andalouses (listen to excerpts here)

Elena
http://www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cindy, is there any way to do it in Calendar format?

That would be better, wouldn't it?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

I think I need some Technostud help on that one. Rick? Matt? Nunatax?

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
quote:
Cindy, is there any way to do it in Calendar format?

That would be better, wouldn't it?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

I think I need some Technostud help on that one. Rick? Matt? Nunatax?

Well, I can't help you on that, but maybe it's enough that we declare our intentions? And follow through!

A friend asked me to play a 30 minute shift during his church's arts and crafts bazaar. He says it's low-key, he did it 3 years ago and it was fun. I'm taking his slot because he's going out of town.

Yikes.

At least it's not at my own church; I try to maintain an illusion of competence there since I work there. (Not on piano!)

So now I have to figure out what I'm playing. It will probably all be slow; they don't call me an Adagio Babe for nothing!

Off to practice.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post
I've been looking for a possibility to create a calendar on WTF but couldn't find a way to do it (at least not one within my abilities...)

I've created an online calendar, it's easy to use :
http://my.calendars.net/wtfrecital

Everyone can add entries, you can also edit or delete entries. Just click on the right date and you get small form you can fill out.

We totally exist! Really!!

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of apple
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by katie:

I'll play for beer or wine anyday Wink Big Grin

me 2 I'm afraid - be happy 2. shoot, i'll play 4 water

Posts: 9156 | Location: kc | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Ticket and location info:
http://www.pianolovers.org/boca.html

Hope to see you there!

Presented by Piano Lovers
Saturday Dec. 10th, 2005
Steinway Gallery
Boca Raton, FL
4:00 PM

Program:

W.A. Mozart (1756-1791)
Sonata for Two Pianos in D Major, K. 448/375a (1781)
- Allegro con spirito
- Andante
- Allegro molto

György Ligeti (1923)
In zart fliessender Bewegung
(“In Gently Flowing Motion”, from Three Pieces for Two Pianos) (1976)

Franz Liszt (1811-1886)
Reminiscences of Don Juan (ed. 1877)

**********INTERMISSION**********

Manuel Infante (1883-1955)
Three Andalousian Dances (1921)
- Ritmo
- Sentimiento
- Gracia (El Vito)

Sergei Rachmaninoff (1873-1943)

Suite No. 2, Op. 17 (1901)

- Introduction (Alla marcia)
- Valse
- Romanze
- Tarantella

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well, I can't report on any recitals for myself, but I can give the scoop on Piano*Son Anthony.

The local piano teachers gather in Ewell Hall on the campus of William and Mary next Sunday. Anthony will be playing Prokofiev's Montagues and Capulets.

He has also applied to audition (in early December) for a concerto performance. A local community orchestra will be performing in Newport News in late winter and they have an open competition for students (any instrument) between the ages of 12 and 21. Well, Anthony is just 12 so we're not holding our breath about him winning. He'll be playing the third movement of Haydn's Concerto in D (the Hungarian Rondo).

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Sunday's recital went extremely well. The kid has got ice water in his veins. He says he gets a few butterflies walking up to the piano, but they largely disappear when he sits down. If only I ......

This recital was a warm-up. He'll use this piece (Montagues & Capulets) as one of his selections for real competitions later in the year.

I would post the video I took if I could figure out how to do it. On the other hand, video probably would require mega mega bytes of space.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Well, I did it. I performed my piece. I've played the piece better, but I've played it far, far worse. I feel like I'm getting a lot better at managing my nerves -- I can feel the shakes coming on, and I can just try to relax.

I think I had one false start where I had to go back and repeat a couple of measures, but I did it quickly so it wasn't huge. And then my trill/alberti bass ending got all spastic at the end, so I just had to dismount in a rather awkward way. All in all, I'll take it.

Whew. No more Mozart! Woot

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to both Piano*Son and Cindy! You guys rock!

Cindy: Mozart is very nice. Just pick the slow movements. That's what *I* do!

Cheers, Michele

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Madcap Compatriot
Picture of JohnN
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Cindy,
When I start to play sometimes my hands are shaking so bad I can trill on every note, And thats just for my parents!
I'm alright after a minute or two but its too late by then. I know its just a confidence thing because I played guitar and banjo in public quite a lot in an earlier life. I simlply knew I wasn't going to screw up. It must be great to feel that way walking onto a lonely stage in front of hundreds of people.

Posts: 278 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post