well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    The WTF Recital Registry
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Recital Registry
 Login/Join

Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
[whine] Isn't *anybody* going to pat me on the back?? [/whine]

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I will!

Great job. I tried playing "Girl with..." once or twice, and just couldn't pull it off. I find Debussy to be very hard to sound right. Under my hands, his stuff often sounds like a muddled, mushy and muddy mess.

Excellent!!

OTOH, I could probably do your 2-part invention. Maybe we should form a team! Smiler

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Nina!

About that 2-part invention - I'm finally ready to pull it back out and work on it again. I've learned some things about practicing that will help me get it this time.

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Dale,

Congratulations! I would have congratulated you earlier, but I didn't see that there was a new post on the thread.

I love your piece. Too hard for me, so far!

Cheers, Michele

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Dale! Well done! Flaxy Girl there is a lot harder to play than it sounds. From what you wrote it seems like you did it right and focused on the music, not you, which is what makes the best performance of all.

Elena
http://www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I love Girl With... One of my eventual goals. Congratulatiosn.

You'll be 10 years older 10 years from now no matter what...so go for it! Registered *Flaming Liberal* Piano - Estonia 190 in Satin Mahogany

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
GWTFH is one Debussy I have never read through. I really like the piece, so I should do myself a favor and play it. Congrats on a good performance.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Have added a few performances that we are having this month on the calendar. sorry, they are all in Spain!

Elena
http://www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
posted Hide Post
Okay, I am going to be performing two solo concerts in September 2006 (and some smaller things before that). Both concerts will consist of the same repertoire and be a concert of all preludes and preludes and fugues.

Chopin, Shostakovich, Rachmaninov, and Bach. HairRaising

Mayla Smiler

http://karlikrueger.blogspot.com/

Posts: 321 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Wow! Which ones and what type of venue?

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm.... okay here it is :

Chopin
Preludes nos 1-4, 15,16 19,20

Shostakovich
Preludes and Fugues, Op 87 nos. 1,2,5,8,17

Rachmaninov
Preludes Op 23 nos 1,10
Preludes Op 32 nos 10,11

JS Bach
Preludes and Fugues book I nos 15,19
Preludes and Fugues book II nos 5,9,23

I may be including a 3rd venue with part of that same program (it will be a miniature "tour" he he). So, there will be one retirement community, a retreat center, and a performing arts center (where I will actually get paid... yikes).

Well, anyway, this is all pretty new for me. The repertoire and the adventure.

I should really be practising Big Grin

Mayla

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's amibitious. Do you just do this on the side?

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
posted Hide Post
Well, it depends on what the definition of on the side means. My formal career (at least the one that actually helps to pay the bills around here), at the moment, is piano teaching. But, I am also still studying voice quite seriously and actually preparing for a possible Opera career (in which case I would still be unable to quit the piano and would not stop having the desire to perform). We'll see how that goes, I guess.

I suppose more than anything else, I have resigned myself to the idea that I am a *musician* (vs a pianist, teacher, or vocalist), which includes a number of different things. There is not one aspect of my musical life that is truly separate from the others. And, as I have been trying to make a choice between aspects of it over the years, without success, I have decided to "do it all" for now. At least for the time being until something becomes more clear for me in my life.

he he... did that answer your question ? Big Grin

Thanks for your interest, kathy,

Mayla

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Yes it did and thank you for taking the time to answer. I feel like I know you a little better now. Smiler What an interesting mix of pursuits.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Great program, Mayla! You'll knock 'em dead, so to speak! Wink

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com