well-temperedforum.groupee.net
PM flashing thingy

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8230004433/m/646103861

05 June 2009, 12:38 AM
rustyfingers
PM flashing thingy
Hey Studs,

My "New PM!" thing on my screen has been shimmering for weeks. There aren't any new PMs in there.

Is there a way to turn it off?

So disppointing to think I have a PM only to be told "You have absolutely no messages, not even from your mother" when I get in there.

Thanks.

--------------------------------
Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

05 June 2009, 10:30 AM
Nina
I'm not a techno stud, but I've had the same thing happen on occasion.

First, double-check that there aren't any unread messages somewhere. (The lightbulb on the left of the thread title will be yellow.)

If not, start opening and closing the PMs--if they are on multiple pages, select the last (newest) page.

At some point, it will reset.

I agree, it's a PITA (or should I say pity?)
05 June 2009, 10:05 PM
rustyfingers
Nina, you are so totally a studette. Thanks.

--------------------------------
Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

05 October 2010, 03:47 PM
susan dorris
How does one retrieve a "super secret" message?
06 October 2010, 01:33 PM
Nina
We can't tell you. It's a secret. suave
19 May 2011, 08:43 AM
susan dorris
Will someone please tell me how to post a picture from the "My Pictures" folder so it appears in the post?
19 May 2011, 01:35 PM
wtg
If you mean the "My Pictures" on your local machine, it can't be done. You can't just copy the picture and put it in a post directly.

You have to upload the picture from your computer to a photo sharing service like Photobucket or Flickr. Then you copy the link for the photo on the service to your post.

If you look at the toolbar at the top of the window when you create a new post, there is the smiley (for emoticons), the palette (for colors), a bunch of others like bold and italic, and third from the right is what looks like a little picture.

When you click on that pic, a box drops down and says Image URL. Paste the name of the link from the photo sharing service into the drop down, press OK and some code that starts with[IMG] will be in your post. That's the photo.

Photobucket and Flickr are both free.

I think there may be a better explanation for how to do this somewhere in an old thread. If I find it, I'll let you know.