well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Never Lose a PM Again!

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8230004433/m/39210915

08 March 2009, 08:56 PM
Matt G.
Never Lose a PM Again!
To keep within its budget and maximize the effectiveness of member contributions, WTF deletes old stuff (which, if left alone, would greatly increase our web storage costs). Many people collect information in their Private Messages (PM's) that they would like to keep. But WTF deletes old PM's. What's a person to do?

The simplest way is to have your PM's sent to your email inbox. Once your PM's are in your email program, you control what to keep and what to delete. You also will never have to worry about WTF's periodic deletion of old material.

Simply open your PM mailbox here at WTF. In the upper right is an icon with a label that says "Notifications" and your current settings. If you click on the little flag icon, a menu will appear:

Your choices do the following:

Daily Email Digest - Sends you a single email the next day that contains all of your PM's. Check the Include Replies box to include all PM's in a thread, not just the ones you've received.

Weekly Email Digest - Sends you a single email the following week that contains all of your PM's. Check the Include Replies box to include all PM's in a thread, not just the ones you've received.

Immediate Notification by Email - Sends an email copy of every PM that is received in your Private Message mailbox. Check the Include Replies box to include all PM's in a thread, not just the ones you've received.

These settings won't take care of any existing PM's that are in your mailbox, but it will affect any PM's you send or receive from that point forward.

All emails will be sent to the email address you specified when you joined WTF. If you need to change that email address, please contact one of the site admins.
09 March 2009, 12:21 AM
piqué
thanks for the tip matt. i already do this, but i like to save the entire thread as an html file because then i can read it as a thread, and not as a bunch of disconnected emails. but certainly better than nothing!

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams