well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Tuning Crew    I'm unable to send a thread as an email...Doing something wrong?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm unable to send a thread as an email...Doing something wrong?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Wanted to send a son the thread abt revitalizing computers and "they" refused.

Alleged violation is:
The email address specified is invalid. Please go back and correct the problem. Error specifics: 'Illegal whitespace in address'

I entered his address a bunch of times and as for mine, it's automatically entered by the site, so it must be OK.

Thanks!

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I just tried sending myself this thread and had no problem.

Maybe it was a temporary problem that was fixed.

Funny, I never used the Email a Friend feature. I just copy the link and send a regular email! I doubt that Groupee does it, but I always figure the host site grabs a copy of the email addresses for tracking, and I try to avoid that.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37875 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
A lot of websites won't allow emails with spaces in them. If your email has a space, it just won't work.

If you're copying and pasting and there should be no spaces, it's possible that some weird character got into the email without you knowing. Try typing it in old-school if you were copying/pasting and see if that doesn't work.

(whitespace = "space". why don't they just say that? suave)

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Just noticed this had been answered. In fact, I just succeeded in sending this very thread to myself.

Should have said earlier that I left no white-spaces in ANY address and that I had tried numerous times! Who knows what it was (it's happened more than once, in-between working Shrug)

Thank youse. Hi

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
aHA! The mystery thickens.
Actually there IS a problem.
I just emailed my son a thread, then realized I'd forgotten to check the "send me copy" box.
a) I went back and tried.
a) It failed (bec. I left friend pbank
b) added phony "friend" name and address
c) this time got "white-space" notification.
d) tried back and forth this and that
---->
Final DX = if you try to send an email AND yourself a copy, it will trigger the above error problem@