well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
Jon, if it's an everyone-on-the-forum thing, can your place handle that?

We've had 50-60 here before. The main space is 40 x 25.

I think DC would be a good place for a party also. There's a lot for people to do there too.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I'd be in for NYC or DC (anywhere I don't have to fly). But don't forget Philadelphia (the poor overlooked stepsibling of DC and NY) -- we don't have a ton of members actually living here, but hotel rates are cheap, there's lots to see, we could probably convince Rich to let us hang at Cunninghams for a while, and it's an easy train ride from NYC and DC (and from New England too, just a little longer!). Oh, and we have cheesesteaks, LOL!

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
has anyone ever done a tabulation to see where most of us live?

I looked at the top 50 posters. 17 are West of Mississippi, 33 are east of the Mississippi.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Interesting, of those east of Mississippi:

6 in greater NYC
6 in greater Boston
6 in greater Chicago
5 in greater DC

When I say 'greater' I mean the people who could reasonably drive there for the day, thus Plays and P*D are in greater DC, Kathy and Jack in greater Boston. MarkJ and Pianolicious I put in greater greater Chicago

Again, this is top 50 posters.

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
You know, if we had it our house, there'd be plenty of pianos to go around....

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but any good ones?

Leaving

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Yeah, but any good ones?

Leaving

biteme

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post
Why not in Brussels? There's a major airport there, and it's the centre of Europe! Kind of... And even though some people claim otherwise, Belgium does exist! WhoMe

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Yeah, but any good ones?

Leaving

biteme

You guys crack me up.

I like the let's-descend-on-Cindy-and-Markb plan, because Cindy is our fearless leader and because I think everybody should have the incomparable experience of playing the Grand Spinet. I treasure the memory of my time at its keyboard.

But I'm up for coming, wherever it is. Muffin will be with me, and we'll twist Muffin's Sister's arm to come, so that Stud Muffin can join us.

Or we could add Phoenix to the list of cities. It's a hub. Nina, Muffin's sister, and Stud Muffin constitute a small quorum. I'll get to see my grandson. I can take it off my taxes, since my publisher's there. And maybe SoCal could be considered part of Greater Phoenix?

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
If we did DC, we could visit Steve Cohen, Keith Kerman at PianoCraft and Cathy with Harl Pianos... Of course, after hearing about Cindy's house, we should stay there...

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
We could do one of those home make-over numbers on Casa Sphinx. Somebody gave me 40 gallons of paint for free. It includes lime greens, deep purples, fiery oranges and all sorts of stunning colors. And I just bought a new big paint brush today. We could even do that WTF Free-Cycle thing and take all our stuff to her. I think OT has a Chickering he's trying to unload find a loving home for. Yes

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I've got a bunch of paint-rollers...

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of Muffin's sister
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChickGrand:
We could do one of those home make-over numbers on Casa Sphinx. Somebody gave me 40 gallons of paint for free. It includes lime greens, deep purples, fiery oranges and all sorts of stunning colors. And I just bought a new big paint brush today. We could even do that WTF Free-Cycle thing and take all our stuff to her. I think OT has a Chickering he's trying to unload find a loving home for. Yes

Orrrr we could have a paint-the-stud-muffin-family's house party! I'm sure SM Sr. would love a lime green living room!

Stud Muffin and I will do our best to attend where ever it is held, as long as it's not during hurricane season. Big Grin

Posts: 2262 | Location: Way Southeast of Phoenix | Registered: 21 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChickGrand:

ooo ooo ooh!

rick i have a grand scheme now. didn't you used to do television?

why not pitch this idea to hgtv:

piano forumites all meet to celebrate their fifth anniversary as an online community by descending on their fearless leader's hopelessly disgusting home in a suburb of our nation's capitol, armed with paintbrushes and ladders, and they do a complete home makeover over memorial day weekend.

hgtv pays for all of our air fares and hotel rooms, plus provides piano technician services to the sphinx piano.

what do you think?

Big Grin Wink Razzer

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
it's even possible i will be living in new york by may '10, which would tip the membership numerical scale to new york. but even if not, it's an eminently easy city for me to visit, there are lots of potentially wonderful places to hold the event, so i put my vote there.

though i will go wherever it is, as long as a major hub airport is the point of arrival.

jack, new paltz does ring a bell. is there a buddhist retreat center there?

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post