well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the wtf fifth anniversary reunion--philadelphia, cunningham's, date?, 2010--be there! planning now!
 Login/Join

Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:
Originally posted by markb:
April to recover from Thing 1's bat mitzvah.

To which we will be receiving our invitations by approximately what date?

I'm guessing that if you haven't received an invitation yet, you're probably not getting one.

The good news is corporate and personal sponsorships are still open. I'll put your bank down for the yarmulkes and you for the gefilte fish.

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Matt kindly offered:
quote:
I'd be happy to sell pianos for Cunningham. However, I do require a base salary of $12,634.38 per week, plus 15% commission on all sales $10,000 or less, 20% of all sales over $10,000. My contractual minimum is one week's base pay.

Deal?

Hmmm... You can just watch ftp sell pianos, Matt. Wink

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
quote:
rich,
is the store open on saturday nights? can we do it on a saturday night?

I am thinking a late afternoon leading into an evening something or other. That way, business for the day will be pretty much done and the place will be ours.

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
Hey Rich, has your shop ever hosted a bat mitzvah? I could kill two birds with one stone.

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rich galassini:
(One requirement - everybody has to sell pianos if we do this during regular business hours Wink)
Why not? I think I sold a piano for Steinway at one of their factory sales, approving a piano that a couple wanted to buy for their daughter.

No commission for that, though. VeryAngry

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
So, how about some piano stuff one evening? Hugh Sung (Curtis Institute) has rentatively agreed to do a master class/lecture and include technology as a discussion point.

www.hughsung.com

Joe, would you mind doing something for us?

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rich galassini:
Joe, would you mind doing something for us?
Sure! Now I'm on the spot...must figure out what to do! HairRaising

Let me see what I can put together...maybe not a whole evening, depending. New music, I hope.

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Joe,

No pressure - you will be among friends. I am thinking something informal, maybe even more chatting than playing.

After all, you have a huge breadth of experience to draw from. Some pianists are simply shell shocked by new music. They do not know how to approach it. That right there is a 2 hour discussion. (But you have to play SOMETHING!) Smiler

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Back to dates, I'm booked solid through mid-May with the opera.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
so does that mean you can come over memorial day weekend?

Posts: 21347 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Again...I hope that Memorial Day weekend has NOT been picked, PK! I haven't seen too many voting yet and it is early still.

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
roberta,

it's two years away. is it possible to have the plant sale on another weekend?

because ot say it has to be after mid may. and markb says it has to be before june. that isn't leaving us with a lot of wiggle room.

plus the people who have work and/or kids in school who live on the west side of the country need a long enough weekend to be able to travel.

let the debate rage. with the dawn of the new year, i'm going to declare a date based on the cumulative evidence of the posts here.

Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
and markb says it has to be before june.

Please don't plan around me. At this point for me, May seems to be the month with potentially fewest conflicts, but I can't rule anything in or out until we're much closer. And since travel isn't much of an issue for me, I don't have to lock in any major travel plans like many others have to.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Could I suggest an anonymous poll be conducted?

List all the weekends in May and June, make it multiple choice, and let people vote against weekends they can't attend. The weekend with the fewest votes against becomes the target weekend.

Big Al

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
great idea, al.

i'll set one up.