well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
Have extra pounds to lose? Let's set goals and work toward them.

We'll all assume we weigh 100 pounds, so set a reasonable goal. If you feel you need to lose 10 pounds, your goal weight would be 90. We'll compare scale readings again on September 1 to see how we're doing, but feel free to crow about any progress you make before then. And tell us about your exercise. Because we are *all* going to exercise.

OK. My goal weight is 95 pounds. I played an hour of tennis today and did another hour of leg and lower body exercise today. I had a donut after lunch, and I'm eating a box of red hots as I type this. Neener

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Great idea Cindy. ThumbsUp Nothing is worse than trying to loose weight all alone!

I'm in....My goal will be 92, want to loose 8 lbs or about 1/2 my total goal. Sounds realistic by Sept 1..

This allows me to eat now and then, motivates me to exercise and leaves a cushion for an occasional chocolate... WhoMe

Come August it'll be a piece of cake! I can loose quite a bit of weight while zipped up in my Bee suit in the heat...Whew!!

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll play.

My goal is 195. That requires me to lose 17 pounds.

I haven't exercised yet today (unless you count some weed-pulling in between other business). Maybe tonight. But I worked out for 1-1/2 hours yesterday morning, and another half hour last night (1/2 hour total cardio, the rest weights), and I'm still sore.

I eat like crap, though. Not carp, which would have a different meaning; crap.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I don't need to lose any weight but I do need to start exercising again.

I went to the gym this morning for the first time in ages. (I REALLY have no excuses, its 100 meters from my front door and i'm not working now.)

Also, I want to start jogging on the days I don't go to the gym. It will take some time to get up to a decent distance since I just quit smoking (again) on June 1st.

So my goal is 3 workouts a week and 3 days a week jogging 3 miles (each).

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
OK, I'll play.

My goal is 195. That requires me to lose 17 pounds.

Quirt, in an attmept to allow people to post their weight who really don't want to post their weight, we all weigh "100" pounds starting today. (or whenever you start your program).

That means your goal weight is 83. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin My goal weight is 146 80. Wink My work out plan is weights at the gym every other day, some sort of cardio every day.

SmilerJodi 100#, 45 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weights

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Oh, and Cindy - your thread title made me giggle. Big Grin

SmilerJodi 100#

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
O.K., I'm in with a goal weight of 90. My dang brother called me this morning, and has now lost two more pounds than I have, which I believe makes him lighter than me for the first time in 53 years.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Groupie
Picture of Grotriman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I don't need to lose any weight but I do need to start exercising again.

I went to the gym this morning for the first time in ages. (I REALLY have no excuses, its 100 meters from my front door and i'm not working now.)

Also, I want to start jogging on the days I don't go to the gym. It will take some time to get up to a decent distance since I just quit smoking (again) on June 1st.

So my goal is 3 workouts a week and 3 days a week jogging 3 miles (each).

I dunno Jon - I went to the gym for a long time and always something was aching. Then I stopped. Yes my stomach popped out a tad. But no more knee pains... No more back aches...

Extra hour per day for piano...

Posts: 874 | Location: New York City | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I will start with a goal weight of 90 and see how it goes/looks? Can't exercise yet because I'm still coughing too much (don't you feel sorry for me?), but I can watch what I eat. I will probably weigh in Monday. Kind of like flossing a lot before you go to get your teeth cleaned so your gums won't bleed and you won't get yelled at by the hygienist.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Shhhh!

Keep your voice down, Grotriman. If Dr. JohnMoonlight hears you're going to consider piano playing as exercise, he'll come over here and give you what for.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Hey - it's better than watching the boob-tube!

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's a better workout than golf. Heck bid whist is a better cardio workout than golf...

Ken

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grotriman:
Extra hour per day for piano...

I go to the gym when it opens at 6am, and I usually run even earlier. So it doesn't compete with piano time. (i never play before 9am)

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
I'm with Jon. I don't need to lose weight at the moment but I do need to get my some excercise into my schedule. No gyms nearby so my only option is to jog on the sidewalks of the polluted Madrid streets and serve as a carbon monoxide air filtering system for the city. 20-30 minutes 3 times a week is my aim.

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
I'm with Jon. I don't need to lose weight at the moment but I do need to get my some excercise into my schedule.

Is Laura close enough for a good bicyle ride? The best way (only way for me) to get exercize is to incorporate it into a fixed schedule.

Posts: 4676 | Location: Brooklyn, Earth | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post