well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    Music - What are you listening to right now?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Music - What are you listening to right now?
 Login/Join

Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post

I'm also waiting for X&Y...

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of Bill_D
posted Hide Post
At home I have Jon Kimura Parker playing Chopin...in the car it's recently been both of Barbara Streisland's Broadway Albums.

Posts: 2515 | Location: San Francisco, California! | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
high maintenance

What Life?
Picture of plays88keys
posted Hide Post
Picked this up at a music store in Vienna -- it is superb!
Listening to the Waldstein 3rd mvt right now.

Posts: 2485 | Location: at my computer | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

Contest: name that album.

jf

Posts: 17679 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
high maintenance

What Life?
Picture of plays88keys
posted Hide Post
Um, it's Steve Miller. I have that album...but I'm having a senior moment and can't remember the album title. Frowner

Posts: 2485 | Location: at my computer | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
The both of you win the prize....

After a Jefferson Airplane binge I have been rediscovering very early Steve Miller. Sailor is my favorite of all.

So, Improv, if you know this stuff you have some hippy roots and therefore you should be a liberal or some sort...where did you get off the track?

jf

Posts: 17679 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
high maintenance

What Life?
Picture of plays88keys
posted Hide Post
Jack, please don't get him started... Blink

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

Maine's answer to Bob Dylan?

jf

Gadfly
posted Hide Post
Duo Hammel-Sanchez's new CD featuring music for 2 pianos, four hands. It's Awesome!

My teacher's recordings of various things, some of which is here:

http://www.racheljimenez.com/mp3.php

A fantastic live performance of Laura Sanchez playing the 1st Ginastera sonata.

Bolet playing the Chopin Preludes

Posts: 4676 | Location: Brooklyn, Earth | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post
Testing a radio that receives digital broadcasts. The channel is Klara Continuo, non-stop classical music! Smiler The quality of the sound is amazing!
Right now they're playing Variations on Ich bin der Schnei by Beethoven.

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

This guy is amazing.

jf

high maintenance

What Life?
Picture of plays88keys
posted Hide Post
Cicso Kid was a friend of mine da da da dah!

Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
So do I. I have seen Clapton 3 or 4 times and he is an all time favorite and that album is perfect.

I also love Dire Straits. Man, you have great taste.

Great minds listen alike Wink Big Grin

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Groupie
Picture of Eldon
posted Hide Post
While in the car today, I listened to Argerich play the Tcha..B-flat minor (wow!) and the Mozart Requiem. And while painting on the deck this afternoon, I enjoyed Richter playing the Brahms #2. Actually, the neighbors enjoyed it too. Smokin'

Posts: 867 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Popularity Seeker
Picture of lucy in the sky*
posted Hide Post
Cool Well if you guys are going to cop to listening to Jefferson Airplane, I'll admit that I'm listening to the first jazz album I ever bought. "Mysterioso" by the stride genious Thelonious Monk. When I was about 13 my father would complain that I played it so loudly that I was "rattling the windows" of his car by the time he was a block from home. Still love it!

Posts: 716 | Location: nyc | Registered: 19 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post