well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    Music - What are you listening to right now?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Music - What are you listening to right now?
 Login/Join

Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

jf

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of SAS
posted Hide Post
I just heard an interview with KT Tunstall over the weekend, on NPR I think. She sounded very interesting. I might have to check that one out.

Posts: 5151 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 02 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:

jf

Just bought this one. Love it! ThumbsUp

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Isn't Katie amazing?!

Here's another favorite

jf

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Nice recording - benefits from nice recording quality.
I also have his earlier Decca version of the preludes. They are also decent.

Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
quote:

All I have at the moment is one song--the album is released tuesday. I think I am going to really like her.

I picked this up today. Great stuff, lots of Texas honky-tonk (not quite as torchy as Norah Jones), but with a wide range of influences to be heard. A great bluesy voice, not smoky, but powerful and clear.

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt G.:
quote:

All I have at the moment is one song--the album is released tuesday. I think I am going to really like her.

I picked this up today. Great stuff, lots of Texas honky-tonk (not quite as torchy as Norah Jones), but with a wide range of influences to be heard. A great bluesy voice, not smoky, but powerful and clear.

I agree. She is fantastic. Matt, have you heard Laura Veirs? (Another current fave.)

jf

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I don't always see this thread, but I may have picked up on a trend. Uh, Jack, do you ever listen to albums that do not have pictures of sweet young things on the cover?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would-be Sage
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post

Can't get enough of this album lately. Fabulous!

Jamie

Posts: 648 | Location: NL, Canada | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post