well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    Music - What are you listening to right now?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Music - What are you listening to right now?
 Login/Join

Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted
Smiler

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Murray Perahia playing the Chopin Ballades.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Ermo
posted Hide Post
A guy I work with is whistling Volare.

(edit: It's a little painful.)

Posts: 3755 | Location: Undisclosed Location | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Nunatax, I love that album.

I don't listen to music while I compute. It distracts me.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
posted Hide Post
Here's what I've been listening to:

Chopin Ballade in Fmin, Zimerman. My teacher is working on this and has played it for me a couple times. I had to be hospitalized the first time. OMG. She's going to be recording it soon, I can;t wait.

Chopin Barcarolle, Appassionata, Liszt Sonata, Mendelsohn's Serious Variations, some Bach all in recordings by my teacher as well.

Ginastera Sonata played by Laura Sanchez, Elena's Duo partner. A wonderful work.

Bach WTC and Inventions by Angela Hewitt.

Some Mahler and Wagner.

Posts: 4676 | Location: Brooklyn, Earth | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post

Been to his concert in Antwerp last week. It was great!

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bach English Suites - Alexander Borovsky

Come To Daddy - Aphex Twin

Great combination. Yes

David

Posts: 43 | Location: A teeming womb of royal kings. | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I've been playing the music from Play's coffee room album. I love it.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Oye Como Va

Through the door lies the the beginning percussion ensemble. They've been working on this for weeks, sometimes with the CD, and sometimes by themselves. It's actually starting to sound pretty good!

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post
Nothing better than to start the afternoon with some Dire Straits Smiler

[edit] My 100th post! Big Grin

Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post
...and end the day with Beethoven string trios... Played by the Zurich String Trio.

And on the background... my dad watching Windtalkers on his 57835432345678 Watt home cinema system Roll Eyes

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Nunatax, I love that album.

I don't listen to music while I compute. It distracts me.

So do I. I have seen Clapton 3 or 4 times and he is an all time favorite and that album is perfect.

I also love Dire Straits. Man, you have great taste.

jf

Posts: 17679 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

jf

Posts: 17679 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

...while eagarly awaiting....

jf