well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    Latest Peggybank update - we're getting there!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest Peggybank update - we're getting there!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Total pledges:

$16,645

Total collected:

$15,163

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I think it's time to send out friendly reminders to a few people.

I hope the process of doing whatever it is we're doing with the money isn't waiting for the last few contributions to trickle in. Can we set up the trust or account or whatever and deposit the last $500 when we get it?

It has been said many times, but it bears repeating: Thank you jodi and everyone else involved for your hard work.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
The people who got together to set this up and direct it, Jodi not the least among them, and certainly including Larry, are saints, for this, if nothing else.

Thank you.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can we set up the trust or account or whatever and deposit the last $500 when we get it?

Glad your not in charge of the bookkeeping!

Neener

Or were you hoping we wouldn't notice the difference? ;-)

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
PJ, the trust IS set up - all the money is being deposited into a trust account I set up at the bank with the help of Jack Frost. At some point soon, it will be divided like we said between the amount that goes down there for more immediate use, and the two educational 529 accounts for the boys. A few people have let me know money is still coming (some people needed a bit more time - which is absolutely fine) so I'm holding out on the next step until then. We'll keep you all posted, and thanks again for your generosity!

Smiler Jodi

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Brilliant. Big hearts and big brains to go with them.

I love you guys.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilylady:
quote:
Can we set up the trust or account or whatever and deposit the last $500 when we get it?

Glad your not in charge of the bookkeeping!

Neener

Or were you hoping we wouldn't notice the difference? ;-)
It was late. I was tired. It was the Bushmills talking.

Yeah, it's a good thing I'm not in charge of the bookkepping.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of Muffin's sister
posted Hide Post
Hey Jodi, is it okay to send money later on? I didn't pledge because I'm unsure of my current financial situation, but I would love to when I have things more sorted out in a month or so.

Posts: 2262 | Location: Way Southeast of Phoenix | Registered: 21 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's the plan - that even after we set up the 529's down in Florida, there will still be a way for us to put money into them.

So if things are tight for any of you that have pledged at the moment, and you haven't been able to send your donation in - just let me know, so I can keep you posted when the rest of this gets figured out.

Smiler Jodi

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. I like at least having the option of contributing more in the future.

What Life?
Picture of Muffin's sister
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 2262 | Location: Way Southeast of Phoenix | Registered: 21 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post