well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    February WTF-er of the month: musicasacra
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February WTF-er of the month: musicasacra
 Login/Join

Professional Cynic
Never Offline
Picture of JoeB
posted
musicasacra,

Thanks for all the LOLcats. Some of us have come to look forward to the Friday LOLcat fix.

Now, it's your turn in the WTF spotlight and our turn to ask questions.

I'll start it off by asking if you play the cello featured in the picture of your Estonia?

Others will undoubtedly ask more difficult questions.

Posts: 976 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I believe you travel for work and with hubby.

But I don't exactly know what you do for work.

Where do you like to travel when not work related?

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
What's your favorite color?
What's your natural hair color?
Do you think that would work well on Justin Bieber?

About that cello ...
What are you working on now?
Ever itch to play in an ensemble or make a recording?
Ever itch while playing, and how do you deal with it?

About those LOLcats ...
What got you into LOLcats?
How many have you captioned?

What comes to mind when you look at this:

Posts: 12691 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of musicasacra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeB:
musicasacra,

Thanks for all the LOLcats. Some of us have come to look forward to the Friday LOLcat fix.

Now, it's your turn in the WTF spotlight and our turn to ask questions.

I'll start it off by asking if you play the cello featured in the picture of your Estonia?

Others will undoubtedly ask more difficult questions.

Hi

Yes, that's my cello next to our Estonia 190.

I started playing as an adult.

Posts: 2659 | Registered: 02 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of musicasacra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilylady:
I believe you travel for work and with hubby.

But I don't exactly know what you do for work.

Where do you like to travel when not work related?

It's always work in a way, IT's trips are work-related as well but his trips are lots of fun. He's speaking at a few conferences this year, and I'm planning to join him on the London conference trip and take an extra two weeks there.

I work in banking, risk management.

Next big trip we have planned for the near future -- Scandinavia. Our first time there.

What Life?
Picture of musicasacra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
What's your favorite color?
What's your natural hair color?
Do you think that would work well on Justin Bieber?

About that cello ...
What are you working on now?
Ever itch to play in an ensemble or make a recording?
Ever itch while playing, and how do you deal with it?

About those LOLcats ...
What got you into LOLcats?
How many have you captioned?

What comes to mind when you look at this:

yellow
haha

I haven't played much since my last teacher moved away this summer. Busy with work stuff, I'll have to get a new teacher and fit the cello back into my routine.
Not now.

I've captioned a handful, but only one of them made it to the front page of the website. I didn't think it was my funniest one, but over 9,000 people liked it. I'll post it below.

haha, looks like a bug

Gadfly
Picture of apple*
posted Hide Post
thanks for the LOL cats. I've come to really enjoy them.

What is the best thing you've ever eaten in your life?

Posts: 4933 | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
That is a screamingly cool piano lamp in your picture above. Where did you get it/what brand?

Tell us about your running - how long have you been doing it, what got you started, how's it going now? How are you dealing with running in this miserable winter weather (I don't *think* you live somewhere warm and tropical, right?)? How's your Garmin been treating you?

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Do both you and IT play the piano?

How did you happen to choose and Estonia?

It looks like wood. I haven't seen a non black one yet.

Beautiful music room!

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of musicasacra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apple*:
thanks for the LOL cats. I've come to really enjoy them.

What is the best thing you've ever eaten in your life?

Lots!

A perfect Chateaubriand with an amazing Chateauneuf-du-Pape stands out, and the brasserie burger and pomme frites at my favorite place in town -- that one I could eat about every day.

That I've cooked myself -- beef medallions with cognac sauce. Or maybe the goat cheese with shallots dip, that's addictive.

What Life?
Picture of musicasacra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
That is a screamingly cool piano lamp in your picture above. Where did you get it/what brand?

Tell us about your running - how long have you been doing it, what got you started, how's it going now? How are you dealing with running in this miserable winter weather (I don't *think* you live somewhere warm and tropical, right?)? How's your Garmin been treating you?

It's a Tizio lamp, online purchase probably. IT is an architect and likes well-designed things like that. You can see part of his Corbusier chaise in the lower right and a bit of the Eileen Grey side table, there is also a Seconda chair by Botta in that room. The Corbu chaise is super comfortable. I had never heard of any of those people before I met him.

I was a sprinter in school when I was a kid, but I'm new to long distance running. I've been regularly running for about 5 months. All the marathoners on another forum probably kicked off my interest.

I had been running last summer, but I increased too quickly and got runner's knee. After that annoying and painful problem, I found an easy, structured, incremental running program online to slowly work up to running 3 miles. That incremental structure worked perfectly, and I ran my first 5K in December. My first 10K race is in a couple of weeks. I'm also hoping I'll be ready for a half marathon in May/June. IT runs with me. Great fun so far!

This is peak running weather, highs in the low 70s. For the summer, we'll see how early I'm willing to get up to run.

The Garmin 305 is awesome. I've also discovered I can upload the tracks to runkeeper.com for more analysis and cumulative stats.

What Life?
Picture of musicasacra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do both you and IT play the piano?

How did you happen to choose and Estonia?

It looks like wood. I haven't seen a non black one yet.

Beautiful music room!

IT plays. I took one piano class several years ago, and I can still play my simple recital piece from memory. I'd like to play more, definitely.

IT chose the Estonia. That's how we got involved in the piano forums, he was piano shopping. I'm not exactly sure of his selection process, but I know he played a lot of pianos and really loved the Estonia 190. It is a beautiful wood, polished bubinga.

Thanks. A few more photos of the room. The painting above the bookcase is by IT's dad -- Adam and Eve in Paradise.

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
What a gorgeous room. Who wouldn't want to go in there an play?

Do you play duets with each other?

What's with the lounger chair? Looks very exotic!

What Life?
Picture of musicasacra
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a gorgeous room. Who wouldn't want to go in there an play?

Do you play duets with each other?

What's with the lounger chair? Looks very exotic!

Thanks.

He accompanies me on pieces I'm learning, I enjoy that. We play Christmas music together, and I learned one of the Bach pieces that he plays. He plays a lot of rock music, and I'm usually occupied learning new classical pieces.

The lounger chair is the Le Corbusier chaise, very comfy.

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
Does the name musicasacra mean anything?

There’s a sit-up machine at my health club that looks just like the lounge chair. I bet it’s hard to get out of it.

A couple of years ago, IT started a topic on TNCR concerning a new room addition to the house. The room had an atrium. He posted some drawings of what it would look like. Did he ever have it done?

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post