well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    NOW WITH PICS AND VIDEO! Piano Party -- March 26th -- please pin
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOW WITH PICS AND VIDEO! Piano Party -- March 26th -- please pin
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted
March 26th. 7pm concert featuring Alexander Toradze. Pre-party at my place featuring special WTF'er Godowskian and TNCR celebrity guest kathyk. Tickets are only $3 in advance if i buy with my student ID.

What possible excuse could you have not to come? Why the savings alone on the tickets could pay for your airfare (as long as you have the miles lol). We have an airport here that is served by most of the major airlines (airport code SBN I believe), Amtrak, and the South Shore railroad.

Hope y'all can come!!!

Big John

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
I have to pay $3 to see kathyk? Hmmm, it might be worth it....

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
pay $3 to see her and see toradze for free!!!

Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
Looks like three forumites will be attending so far. Toradze IS playing. I confirmed that today.

We should be able to get pics with him which shold be fun.

Anyone else want to come?

Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
You should never have announced that I was coming. Now nobody will show up. Not even you.

Neener

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
With the extensive program that John posted in a new thread, I wonder how you'll have time to party. Big Grin I'm sure you'll manage somehow. Pics, please.

I and my wife will be hearing the Lionel Loueke Trio and Gretchen Parlato's Band at the MCG Jazz Hall in the far reaches of the Manchester district of Pittsburgh that night.

Big Al

Posts: 7403 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt G.:

Um, save your money. Actually, I'm really, really looking forward to meeting you. Big Grin

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kathyk:
quote:
Originally posted by Matt G.:

Um, save your money. Actually, I'm really, really looking forward to meeting you. Big Grin

Prepare to be disappointed....

Big Grin

Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
It's gonna be:

Rachmaninov 2nd piano concerto 1st movement

Tchaikovsky 1st piano concerto

INTERMISSION

Liszt Sonata No. 2 (H-Moll)

Prokofiev 5th Concerto

& Whatever else happens at my place before of after.

Should be fun!

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Look out South Bend, here we come. Woot

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
matt's coming early. it's going to be fun.

Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
I'm on the train, on my way!

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Kewl! And I'm in O'Hare waiting to connect to Grand Rapids.

Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
Well it's 12:45 a.m. Everyone has left. MattG is in the other room playing Scarlatti and Chopin. I got lots of pics as did Matt and KK. Got an AWESOME picture of MG and KK with Lexo Toradze so that will be a fun one for memories.

The concert was beyond fantastic. Huge ovations and cheers on the Tschaikovsky and the Profkofiev.

So glad everyone could come. We started around 5, matt arrived at noon so he and I went around town and got some foodstuffs and snacks, tidied up a bit, arranged candles, made the place look presentable.

We had a brief party before the concert, then walked to the school. OMG can KK and MG play. I had no idea. AXTREMUS: Everyone took turns sightreading "The Moon my Heart." it was quite a hit.

Afterwards, more people came and I think we had a max crowd of about 14 or 15. Not bad for a one-bedroom apartment with a Steinway grand AND an organ shoved into it.

Anyway, pics tomorrow. Thank you everyone for coming. it was such a refreshing soiree.

BJ

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the pics. Did you play duets - piano and organ?

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post