well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    Announcing the September 2010 WTF-er of the month... Teachum!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Announcing the September 2010 WTF-er of the month... Teachum!
 Login/Join

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
What are your honest unadulterated opinions about unions and the role they have played and play in the economic vitality of the middle class? Evil

You are a devil, Daniel. You know, honestly, I had no real strong opinions about Unions (and some mildly negative ones) until the l980's when I went to work for OPEIU, Local 30 in San Diego. At that point I became Union educated. I made the best money I had ever made and had the best benefits. My Union boss believed in treating her employees as well or better than the benefits she went out and negotiated for people she represented. Most Union employees belong to a different Union than the one they work for. Not the case in my situation because Gwen was such a fair employer.

Anyway, I think that Union's have played a very large and positive role in raising the living level of the American middle class. I think everyone should get down on their knees and thank the Unions profusely for shorter work weeks and safer work conditions. Have their been some instances of killing the golden goose? Yes - but I have always looked at it like this. If a government is benevolent and fair - it's citizens do not revolt. If an employer is benevolent and fair, their employees do not join unions. Take away all the Unions in this country and then people will realize what Unions have done for them!!!!!

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Amen, sister. ThumbsUp

Big Al

Posts: 7379 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Do you hang the toilet paper over or under?

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Definitely over.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post