well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    Announcing the September 2010 WTF-er of the month... Teachum!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Announcing the September 2010 WTF-er of the month... Teachum!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Ha - you're it!

Let me start with some basics...

Where did you go to college, and what was your major?

You've mentioned teaching was a 2nd career for you, what did you do before that?

How did you meet your husband?

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Where did you grow up?

How many German Shepherds have you owned?

Did you ever want to teach secondary school?

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
What kinds of music do you listen to?

Do you have a piano - what kind? And what do you play?

What book(s) influenced you most?

Best advice you ever received?

Do you still have a bump on your thigh or has that been resolved? (edit oope - that was dol -but if you have any unusual bumps - do reporton that...)

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Why does Kluurs know so much about your thighs?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
how many animals have you owned in your life, what were their names, what species were they, and tell us a bit about each one.

(that oughta keep her out of trouble for a while. Wink Evil)

Posts: 21344 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Tell us about the teacher who had the greatest impact on your life.

Tell us about the student who had the greatest impact on your life.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Ha - you're it!

Let me start with some basics...

Where did you go to college, and what was your major?

You've mentioned teaching was a 2nd career for you, what did you do before that?

How did you meet your husband?

I went to several colleges before I decided what to do when I grew up. I got an AA in Computer Science from Mesa College in San Diego and then went to San Diego State for 2 semesters. I was so burnt out from working full time that I decided to wait and finish up when we moved. We had that planned already. When we moved to Idaho we made sure we were within strking distance of several colleges and I graduated from Gonzaga University in Spokane with an Education Degree.

Before teaching I worked over the years in banking (trust depts and investments), several stock brokerage firms in Seattle, Kaiser Permanente and for 12 years in San Diego at OPEIU, Local 30 as office manager.

I met Mr. Teachum through mutual friends in San Diego.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
Where did you grow up?

How many German Shepherds have you owned?

Did you ever want to teach secondary school?

I was born in Lafayette, Indiana and lived in Springfield, IL until I was about 5. My family then moved to Idaho Falls, Idaho, then Oregon, Washington. I basically grew up in La Grande, Oregon and Yakima, WA - the northwest.

I have actually owned 3 GSD's of my own, but have known two others intimately.

I would NEVER want to teach secondary! Although I always enjoy working with the HS students that come my way as Ed Asst's or if they come over and work special projects at our school.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
More later - have to go get gussied up to get my hair cut....

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:

I have actually owned 3 GSD's of my own, but have known two others intimately.

TMI!!!!

Big Grin

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would NEVER want to teach secondary!

Can you elaborate?

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Before teaching I worked over the years in banking (trust depts and investments), several stock brokerage firms in Seattle

Is there anything you'd like to report to any securities regulators who might be lurking here? Confidentially, of course.

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:
I would NEVER want to teach secondary!

Can you elaborate?

I just don't want to deal with the attitude that seems to go along with too many teens nowadays. Too many secondary teachers are dealing with violence, drugs, explicit sex stuff. I just don't want to go there. I kind of like the little ones thinking I walk on water. I like being the Goddess!

Maybe there's just too much *teen* left in me! Big Grin

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markb:
quote:
Before teaching I worked over the years in banking (trust depts and investments), several stock brokerage firms in Seattle

Is there anything you'd like to report to any securities regulators who might be lurking here? Confidentially, of course.

Nuh uh! But I CAN tell you there was WAY too much partying going on back in the 70's. The stock market world has changed a lot since then. In some respects anyway....

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
What kinds of music do you listen to?

Do you have a piano - what kind? And what do you play?

What book(s) influenced you most?

Best advice you ever received?

Do you still have a bump on your thigh or has that been resolved? (edit oope - that was dol -but if you have any unusual bumps - do reporton that...)

Actually, Kluurs I did have a bump on my thigh a couple of years ago from the bike accident. More like a hard dented in lump. But it's fine, thanks for asking.

Haven't you noticed my signature line - Estonia 190 in Satin Mahogany. It's a 2004 model.

I also play the guitar - a little - I am learning.

Best advice - Hmmm - don't think I want to share that here. Tells too much about me.

Book influence - wow - that's a tough one. It's certainly not the Bible. I'll have to think on that one.