well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    November WTFer of the Month - Nina
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November WTFer of the Month - Nina
 Login/Join

Forum Groupie
Picture of Grotriman
posted
I know it has been a long time since Nina has served and I'm quite sure things have changed since her last nomination.

Nina, congratulations on your WTFer of the month position!

Tell us a bit about your piano habits since you were last up? What have you changed? Did it help you? Did you learn the pieces you wanted to learn?

What kind of stuffing do you like to put in your turkey on Thanksgiving?

Posts: 874 | Location: New York City | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Hamilton or Jefferson?

How did you end up buying a Playel? (you did buy a Pleyel, right?)

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
How are you liking the Pacific Northwet? Did you move again? And have you tried that adult piano group at Classic Piano?

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of apple*
posted Hide Post
what is your bra size?

Posts: 4933 | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What kind of counter top did you finally choose?

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
Chanukah or Christmas?

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apple*:
what is your bra size?
ROTFLMAO

We want pictures of your new house! (Did you end up going to look at grand pianos?)

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
quote:
what is your bra size?
ROTFLMAO

We want pictures of your new house! (Did you end up going to look at grand pianos?)

pictures of you in your new bra are acceptable as well.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
What books have you read more than once?

What pieces are you working on right now?

What do you think of owl finches?

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grotriman:
Tell us a bit about your piano habits since you were last up? What have you changed? Did it help you? Did you learn the pieces you wanted to learn?

What kind of stuffing do you like to put in your turkey on Thanksgiving?

I don't know if my piano habits have changed much. I am still playing more or less daily, some days with more success than others. I'm still doing my accompaniment gig, which is a ton of fun and has improved my sight-reading, performance anxiety and ability to "wing it" immeasurably.

I keep going back and forth with what I'm working on. I went through an impressionist sort of phase where I became obsessed with Ravel (and what got me listening to Mompou), but I can't play a lot of his repertoire. Bummer for me. Then, for example, I'll re-ignite my obsession with Haydn, which I generally *can* play. And sprinkled in there are a bunch of song accompaniments--some more interesting than others. I've really grown to admire Sondheim's compositions.

I'm not a big turkey fan and I cut significant corners by starting with Pepperidge Farm herb cubed dressing and enhancing it with a bunch of veggies, onions, spices and jamming it into the turkey.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Hamilton or Jefferson?

How did you end up buying a Playel? (you did buy a Pleyel, right?)

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Jefferson all the way, baby! This is based 100% on the fact that I've been to Monticello a bunch of times and have never grown tired of it. I have to admit, Hamilton caught me by surprise, though. His life was a real bodice-ripper (literally and figuratively).

I bought a Pleyel because they had it in Phoenix's one non-Steinway non-Yamaha piano showroom. I'd never heard of it, but immediately fell in love with it. I still love it and it's sitting alone and unloved in our empty AZ house. I'll have to figure out what to do with it. It's not out of the realm of possibility that I will move it up to OR and get rid of the MH. I like it that much.

I'd have to google about the unladen swallow, which seems like cheating. I am only knowledgeable about laden swallows.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
How are you liking the Pacific Northwet? Did you move again? And have you tried that adult piano group at Classic Piano?

We're in the process of moving this weekend! We should be 100% into our new house (boxes and all) come Monday afternoon. Whoopee!

I do like the Pacific Northwet, but I'm not in love with its colder weather. Oddly, the rain doesn't bother me--but the cold really makes me want to just sit under a blanket and watch stupid TV and do nothing. However, our new house appears to be much cozier and well-built, so a lot of the generic chill in the house will hopefully be a thing of the past.

I still haven't gone to that piano group, but I hope to. I think it sounds like fun.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
what is your bra size?

34 DDD. Duh. Big Grin

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
What kind of counter top did you finally choose?

I decided to do the quartz thingy--and it turned out great! I found a tile that matched it pretty closely so I used that in the bathrooms, etc., but slabbed it in the kitchen. I'll send pics once the boxes are all removed.