well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    July WTF'er of the Month: CatLady
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

July WTF'er of the Month: CatLady
 Login/Join

Semi-Regular
posted Hide Post
I started making jewelry when I was a teenager. (You know,....back when Jesus was a little boy) My uncle taught me the basics. Years later, I was particularly poor one Christmas, and made some pieces for my co-workers and girlfriends -- after Christmas, some of them asked me to make more (or matching) pieces and that's when I started "doing it for money".
Around 1988 or 89 I started selling in a few small galleries on the west coast, which gave me the nerve to search out some shops elsewhere. One of my best sales was to an actress friend of mine in LA. She bought more than a dozen pieces and gave them as Christmas gifts -- as some of you already know, that was when Sharon Stone wore won of my necklaces to an Awards show. I just about peed my pants when I saw her on TV!

Posts: 192 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: 04 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semi-Regular
posted Hide Post
KB -- Miss you too.
I talk to Ulrich a few times a week and to Burkhart a few times a month. I can't just go cold turkey!

Posts: 192 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: 04 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Do we have a nominee for August WTF'er of the Month yet?

Big Al

Posts: 7405 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Popularity Seeker
Picture of KlavierBauer
posted Hide Post
Catlady:
If you think of it next time you're on the phone with Ulrich, please let him know that I send my greetings, and that I think of him frequently.

You can also tell him the upright he saw in my living room once upon a time has been replaced by a 220 as of a couple years ago (oh, and it's a different living room, in case the spatial math doesn't seem to add up). Smiler

Hope you're well too - would love to catch up sometime.

Posts: 750 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post