well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    February 2010 - WTF-er of the month .... Markb!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2010 - WTF-er of the month .... Markb!
 Login/Join

Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you forget that moi did visit Harl's Pianos?

Or was I not the best GD?
(she says with hands on her hips)

While I am here...

Is your wife as quick humored as you?

What do you do in 'real' life?

Is the improv thing real? Do you really go to comedian show and tells?

Harl's is not Stately Markb Manor, Home of the Grand Spinet. You know, you could have stopped by to claim the title.

Quick humored? Shoot, I spend hours carefully crafting each response for maximum humor, trying them on focus groups, and rewriting them. Even then, they usually come up short on the Doug-o-Meter. Yes, I have Doug envy.

I thought this was real life. If you're asking what I get paid to do, I protect the investing public. Snarky replies from WTF members to follow.

The improv thing is real. I've been taking classes for a few years. My class has been performing occasionally before my director's shows of his performing troupe. In the fall, we decided to officially become a troupe (whatever that means) and had our own performance then. As I mentioned before, we were supposed to have another performance last week, but it was cancelled due to the 2 1/2 feet of snow on the ground. We'll be performing tomorrow night and are looking for other opportunities.

If you have any weddings, bar mitzvahs, birthdays or retirement parties or funerals coming up and are looking for affordable and sometimes family-friendly entertainment, let me know.

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markb:
If you have any weddings, bar mitzvahs, birthdays or retirement parties or funerals coming up and are looking for affordable and sometimes family-friendly entertainment, let me know.

So, you are willing to travel, huh?

I love improv, quick wit etc. Would much rather enjoy that than an old stick in the mud life partner.

Your's is lucky!

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
She might beg to differ about the quick wit and being lucky, but thanks.

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Has it been told here how you met Mrs.B?

If not, how did you meet Mrs.B?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
I saw her at the Univ. of Md. Hillel Jewish student center because we both had meals there. Dude, she was hot. Way out of my league, and she had a boyfriend.

Anywho, at the end of my sophomore year and the end of her junior year, a mutual friend was looking to fill some roommate slots at an off-campus house. So we lived together, with three other people, in my junior year and her senior year. We became good friends and got along well. I guess our mutual friend was perceptive enough to realize that we liked each other, and she (the mutual friend) told me so. I was shocked that Ms. Markb had other than friendly affection for me.

To make a long story short, early in the second semester we admitted to our intense like for each other. She even dumped her boyfriend for me.

She's been kicking herself ever since.

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Awwwwwwww,

What will you be doing to celebrate Val Day with her?

How many 'things' do you have?

Got any pics to share?

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
We don't really do the Valentine's Day thing much anymore. She gave me a card, I gave her those ice cream bits that she likes. With plenty other gift-giving occasions throughout the rest of the year, no need to pile on.

We have three Things.

I have posted a few pics in the past, but they're probably history by now. I'll see if I have anything worth posting.

Semi-Regular
posted Hide Post
You know Mark, I really hate to post this in a public forum, but you're really leaving me no choice....Since you haven't answered my many letters, phone calls and emails...
How are we going to handle your "special" piano?Are you ready for delivery? The lay-away period ended ages ago. I SAVED this piano especially for you. Do you have any idea how many times I could have sold it to other customers? The storage fees are piling up.
If we can't come to an agreement soon, I'm going to have to call your wife.
We don't want that now, do we?

Posts: 192 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: 04 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Do I infer that there is a piano that is more special than the Grand Spinet?????

More to the point...are you cheating on the Grand Spinet?????

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
If I sit at home all day, in my pajamas and bunny slippers, and mess around on the computer, will they pay me as a securities regulator?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catladyII:
You know Mark, I really hate to post this in a public forum, but you're really leaving me no choice....Since you haven't answered my many letters, phone calls and emails...
How are we going to handle your "special" piano?Are you ready for delivery? The lay-away period ended ages ago. I SAVED this piano especially for you. Do you have any idea how many times I could have sold it to other customers? The storage fees are piling up.
If we can't come to an agreement soon, I'm going to have to call your wife.
We don't want that now, do we?

It's a sad story, really: I've barely had any time to play the Grand Spinet, much less spend time with my kids. I think adopting another piano, despite its intense specialitiness, is not appropriate at this time. My friends E. Bay and Craig Slist might be able to assist you with finding a good home for those ivories.

Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
Do I infer that there is a piano that is more special than the Grand Spinet?????

Hahahaha! No, dear, there is no piano, dead or alive, that is more special that the Grand Spinet.

More to the point...are you cheating on the Grand Spinet?????[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha! No, dear. My fidelity is unquestionable. I cannot be tempted or seduced.

Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
If I sit at home all day, in my pajamas and bunny slippers, and mess around on the computer, will they pay me as a securities regulator?

Who mentioned anything about having to wear any clothes?

"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Do you have brothers and sisters? Did you grow up in the shadow of the nations capitol? If not, how came you there?

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
I have a sister who's two years older. We moved to the DC area when I was three, and I've been here ever since. I suppose I'm not good at overcoming inertia.