well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
 Login/Join

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Not sure of your meaning, but I was referring to Nora, the piano-playing cat, who (with her owner) actually does live in Philly.

Just a weak attempt at humor and a backhanded compliment to you at the same time. Big Grin

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Joe,

There is a place in Manayunk (near our store) that is supposed to be a great cycling store, although not a vintage place. I've never been in it, but have passed it:

cadence cycling

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Not sure of your meaning, but I was referring to Nora, the piano-playing cat, who (with her owner) actually does live in Philly.

Just a weak attempt at humor and a backhanded compliment to you at the same time. Big Grin

I love Nora the Piano Playing Cat. If my cat were not fixed, I would introduce them and hope for piano playing kittens.

2 Hearts

I am still in a family situation where any travel has to be last-minute. But I'm still thinking of coming, if I can. It looks like MS and SM are out. Frowner But maybe I can drag Muffin. Maybe if there's a field trip to visit Nora...

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
I hope you can make it, Ma'am. It's always a pleasure to see you.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
For a variety of reasons, I will be the only member of the clan attending after all. My flight is booked, and I'll arrive in Philly at 8:03pm on the 28th, and head back for Sandy Eggo at 2:40pm on the 31st.

Gadfly
Picture of Piano Again
posted Hide Post
Could someone please PM me about what kind of accommodations there are around there? And what's the schedule for the weekend? Is there anything planned for Saturday morning?

TIA ...

Posts: 3833 | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
Is it okay if I come? I rather like these get-togethers. Maybe there's a cardboard box under a bridge I could get for cheap. maybe trade someone for some lottery tickets or something?

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Big John, of course it is!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I have to check with my ex. Maybe the kids and I could drive down ...

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Is a Wilde man.
Semi-Regular
Picture of Rach on!
posted Hide Post
Big John and I are willing to make the trek though we might not stay all three days. However, we'll know for sure after this weekend.

I guess it's time to limber up those fingers!

Posts: 100 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 11 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
yeah I'm working kaori's ( a fellow student) sibelius piece but don't know if I'll get it in time up to tempo but I'm working on it a little each day. It's so beautiful -- and coming from a composer who hated the piano no less.

Gadfly
Picture of Piano Again
posted Hide Post
I was talking with Rich G about this event yesterday, and he asked if I'd bring my cello and play. I'm willing to do that if any pianists are interested in committing to play something with me. Do you have any favorite cello-piano pieces? I've got lots of music, some of it even sight-readable.

The reason I ask is because I'd rather not have to babysit the cello all weekend (you can't just sling it into your back pocket to tote it around) unless at least one person is really interested. I'm not so into playing the cello by myself at a piano-centric get together.

Just say the word . . .

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano Again:
I was talking with Rich G about this event yesterday, and he asked if I'd bring my cello and play. I'm willing to do that if any pianists are interested in committing to play something with me. Do you have any favorite cello-piano pieces? I've got lots of music, some of it even sight-readable.

The reason I ask is because I'd rather not have to babysit the cello all weekend (you can't just sling it into your back pocket to tote it around) unless at least one person is really interested. I'm not so into playing the cello by myself at a piano-centric get together.

Just say the word . . .
Please see private message. Hi

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
i don't know about the cello logistics problem, but I'd certainly be willing to attempt to accompany you.

Does anyone have an itinerary planned out?

Is everything going to be champagne tastes? Because I might need to rob a bank if that's the case.

Gadfly
Picture of Piano Again
posted Hide Post
Ax -- message received. I'll take a look at it.

Big John -- I bet you could do some jazz standards . . .