well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
do we need to reissue the poll?

duh

Posts: 21344 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Shrug

Sure, we have time, after all.

Wink

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
sas, sorry to hear this won't work for you. we had the voting up for at least two months. this was the date that the most people could make it.

there was no single weekend that everyone could make it, unfortunately. my hope had been that by planning 18 mos. ahead, people would have enough notice to make it work. of course, there are always more important priorities like family and livelihood--for all of us.

I know. I voted. I'm just saying, I can't go that early in the summer. School here goes late now and there's no way we can make it Memorial Day weekend, doesn't matter how many months/years in advance you plan it.

Posts: 5151 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 02 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of Muffin's sister
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
If it is late May-early June La Chiquita and I will most likely be there as well. That way she can meet her future husband. Wink

Cradle-robber!!! Big Grin

There's Stud Muffin! He's not THAT much younger Big Grin

Posts: 2262 | Location: Way Southeast of Phoenix | Registered: 21 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of Muffin's sister
posted Hide Post
Memorial day weekend should work great for us, SM Sr's rebid for work goes into effect mid-June and I'll graduate the month before.

If someone lets me borrow a kitchen I'll make a grand piano cake Big Grin

Posts: 2262 | Location: Way Southeast of Phoenix | Registered: 21 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Both dates are pretty much impossible for me. That's during the last week of school (yes, we have school after memorial day) and Ninette #1's graduation.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
okay, as of right now the plan is to have this shindig one year from today.

i'm really sorry some people can't make it. (who knows, my life could change and it's possible i would have to change my plans, that does happen.)

i really can't come up with a better idea than what we already did to select the date.

if anyone has any better ideas, please post them here.

Posts: 21344 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I hope I didn't come off as whining--I was just saying that the dates wouldn't work for me. Of course, dates will never work for everybody, this time it's me. No biggie.

And, as you say, things can change. Maybe Ninette #1 won't graduate. HairRaising

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
If it is late May-early June La Chiquita and I will most likely be there as well. That way she can meet her future husband. Wink

Big Grin

(I just now saw this)

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Wait, I'm getting confused as to who's promised to who(m)(?).

I've met Stud Muffin and let me remind you, the kid is quite a catch. The name says it all. Big Grin

Pssst--Elena--I'd say you'd benefit by starting a bidding war. Smiler

Beatification Candidate
Picture of SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I hope I didn't come off as whining--I was just saying that the dates wouldn't work for me. Of course, dates will never work for everybody, this time it's me. No biggie.

And, as you say, things can change. Maybe Ninette #1 won't graduate. HairRaising

I'm glad you mentioned graduation, I totally forgot that next year my niece is graduating from high school and it'll be one of those two weekends. So we're out for sure.

Posts: 5151 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 02 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Wait, I'm getting confused as to who's promised to who(m)(?).

I've met Stud Muffin and let me remind you, the kid is quite a catch. The name says it all. Big Grin

Pssst--Elena--I'd say you'd benefit by starting a bidding war. Smiler

Ahem.

There's more fish in that particular sea....

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
posted Hide Post
I'm not going if Rich forces me to eat another Philadelphia "Hogie" sandwich. VeryAngry

BC Cool

Posts: 2466 | Registered: 04 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not going if Rich forces me to eat another Philadelphia "Hogie" sandwich.

I don't know Chris. I must have failed somehow. Try as I could, I could not pass on the benefits of Philadelphia common culinary traditions.

There are soft pretzels, cheese steaks, schmidter sandwiches, and yes, the hoagie. I know they will never stomp out haute cuisine, but on the corner of 18th and Vine, there's nuthin' better!

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Having never been to Philly, I have huge expectations for the cheese steak I plan on consuming there.