well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted
calling one and all who are members of wtf!

we will be celebrating our fifth year as a community in the spring of next year with a major-league, all-weekend party in philadelphia at cunningham's, at the invitation of our own rich galassini.

the hope and intention is that for the first time ever, all members of wtf will be there, to experience each other, live, in the flesh WhoMe. hence we are planning quite far in advance, to give everyone the best possible chance of being able to make it.

we decided on philadelphia after much group discussion. now we just need to finalize the dates.

in a poll we took at the end of last year, we had a tie between memorial day weekend and the first weekend in june, 2010.

we now need to decide between the two dates. i voted for both, but i would much prefer memorial day weekend, so i could withdraw my first weekend in june vote and make memorial day the winner.

but perhaps we should have another poll to decide?

do people have a preference between the two weekends?

--------
[CG Edit with pinning]: Links to Related Threads in Pinblock:

Dates

Planning

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
Pique, I'll pin this tomorrow night right after the election deadline passes.

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
bump!

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Oh, I see this isn't a new poll. I guess we just state our preferences? Mine is for Memorial Day weekend. But June 4-5 works too.

Posts: 13780 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
okay, i'm calling it for memorial day weekend, since both joe and i voting for it make it overwhelmingly the favorite.

i may have to post a thread in the main part of the board because sometimes it seems like nobody pays attention to the pinned threads.

Roll Eyes

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
I wonder if people have noticed this. I didn't until I heard from Lilylady that she was really disappointed because Mem Day Weekend is the one weekend she absolutely cannot get away, as it's the busiest weekend of the year for her business. Has anyone here indicated that they absolutely can't make the other date?

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
roberta also said she couldn't make the next most popular date. memorial day was not her only one that didn't work.

it's ironic that even though this is a sticky, nobody pays attention up here, yes?

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
roberta also said she couldn't make the next most popular date. memorial day was not her only one that didn't work.

Hands on hips...

SO THERE!!! Neener

Actually, I suggested 48 OTHER weekends that would work well for me! I sell on MDW, take orders for the following pickup weekend and hopefully take on some new clients on both.

But, I'm happy that it works for the rest of you. I'll just have to get together with Rich some other time, I guess. We'll go get those Philly Cheese Steaks, post pics and make the rest of you jealous! Evil

Right Rich? LOL!

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
roberta,
you know i love you and want very much for you to be there. memorial day weekend and the first weekend in june were the overwhelming favorites, the two weekends i guess you have a plant sale going on (do i remember that right?)

and the only reason i said yes to the first weekend in june (which really doesn't work for me) is because i thought you might be able to make it then. but since you can't....

if we change to a different weekend, there will be even more people who can't make it.

i think you need to play hooky from your plant sale, just this one time. Evil

what about that nice girl you bought the laptop for? perhaps she can handle the plant sale for you??

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I'm in either weekend. We may be celebrating baby-nyc's 1st birthday that weekend too.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of SAS
posted Hide Post
School will not be out until after Memorial Day next year (May 31 or June 1 depending on weather days).

Also, our niece will be graduating from high school next year, and the graduation will be sometime that weekend.

So we're definitely out Memorial Day weekend.

Posts: 5151 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 02 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
If it is late May-early June La Chiquita and I will most likely be there as well. That way she can meet her future husband. Wink

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
If it is late May-early June La Chiquita and I will most likely be there as well. That way she can meet her future husband. Wink

Cradle-robber!!! Big Grin

Posts: 13780 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
more like fetus robber, at this point!!!! :yikes:

sas, sorry to hear this won't work for you. we had the voting up for at least two months. this was the date that the most people could make it.

there was no single weekend that everyone could make it, unfortunately. my hope had been that by planning 18 mos. ahead, people would have enough notice to make it work. of course, there are always more important priorities like family and livelihood--for all of us.

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
FWIW, our preference was for the June 4-5 weekend as well.

Anytime I can add to the confusion, folks....

Leaving

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post