well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    Culinary school rantings :) *added a couple pictures*
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Culinary school rantings :) *added a couple pictures*
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
What Nina says....Congrats on the current gig..it sounds fun!

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of Muffin's sister
posted Hide Post
Class has been going interestingly. We've been working with sugar, it's okay. I'm not a huge fan of it, it's hot, temperamental, and fragile. Chocolate is better Smiler. Speaking of it being hot, my hands are so burned. Not too badly all over but I have some patches of blisters, etc. Which means I now live in gloves between work and school and that doesn't help anything.

We got a new box of small gloves on Thursday. Complete with a lovely new warning label.

"these vinyl gloves contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm."

I could have done without knowing that! The first thing I thought was "Yay! No more babies!" I really do need to sleep more. Lots more. I'm getting about as much sleep during my work week as I used to like to get in a good night Frowner.

Posts: 2262 | Location: Way Southeast of Phoenix | Registered: 21 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry your hands are burnt. Frowner Maybe you can get a little sleep this weekend?

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Comfort

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Just officially turned down a great opportunity. I was offered a stage (unpaid temp "experience") at Rick Moonen's RM Seafood (he just won a James Beard award last week, extremely talented Chef with an extremely talented pastry team) in Vegas. In an alternate universe... Very nice guy. He added me on Facebook ROTFLMAO . I'm going to see if we can get his Chef's table when we're there next month Big Grin never hurts to ask right?

Posts: 2262 | Location: Way Southeast of Phoenix | Registered: 21 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Tonight is the final night of class! Can't believe it. Wow.

Last night was our final written exam over the entire flipping program. It was all essay/short answer or math. Barf It took me hours, I was the first one in and the last one out (we had all day if we wanted, proctor in the library). Head Chair or whatever he is of my program stopped me in the hall on my way out to my car after class. I got a 92!! Highest in the class Smiler and possibly highest in the current program. So I DID learn something these 9 months Big Grin

Right now I have 386 points, our showpiece is worth 75 points and I need 450 points to get an A. I got a 69/75 on the chocolate one so here's crossing fingers I can do it again!

We had a pop quiz last night too. It was a product ID. I got them all right but I wrote "blanched whole almonds" because all we use are blanched nuts in school..they weren't blanched. So she marked me wrong. Mad Getting that wrong made my quiz an 86. Stupid. I'm glad the chairpeople grade our finals Big Grin

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to thank for this most wonderful thread. Although I have not posted much on it I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the happenings and your progress in culinary school.

You are fabulous!!!!! ThumbsUp

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Thank you Elena! I just can't believe it's all really over.

It's official - I got an A in my class so I kept a 4.0 for the whole program (minus one midterm Big Grin) happydance happydance

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Yayyyyy!!!!!!

You did it!!!!!!

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
It makes one proud to be a really distant cousin to you, MS! You've worked your butt off, and earned every good grade you've received as a result. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you!

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Thank you dear Cousin and mommy. Hard work *finally* does pay off! I can't wait to see what the future holds either. Hopefully my own online business by the end of the year and possibly a new branch of the coffee shop next year (which would make me Chef at one location Smiler). Just have to wait and see, and of course continue working my butt off.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Today's cartoon was perfect for you ...

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Ahahahahahaha!

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! happydance

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We suck!

Wink

groupwave

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post