well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    January WTF-er of the month: JoeB
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January WTF-er of the month: JoeB
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
Joe,

First off, happy new year!
Aren't you glad to be the first in 2011?

What's your favorite color?
What's your favorite hair color?
What color do you think best suits Justin Bieber's hair?

What's your favorite drink?

What's your favorite flower, fruit, or plant?

What's your favorite number?

What's your favorite alphabet?

What's your favorite mathematical or physical equation?

Which do you think makes the most accurate predictions of the future: (a) tarot cards, (b) crystal balls, (c) astrology, (d) fortune cookies, or (e) economists?

What do you look for in a girlfriend (or boyfriend, as the case may be), wife (or husband or civil union partner as the case may be), or mistress/lover?

How does it feel to be one of the very few outspoken conservative in liberal-leaning forum such as this?

What comes to your mind when you look at this:

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Ok, will wait and let JoeB respond to the Rorshach question. Big Grin

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
EXCELLENT choice, Ax!!!

happydance

(And I mean that in the best possible light.)

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
So, Joe, do I recall correctly that you live in the SF Bay area? Have you always lived there, and if not, whence do you hail?

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
Oh, and is your name really Joe (B...something), or do you just feel like your patience and faith is being tested? Big Grin

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
How did you wind up at WTF?

Do you play the piano? If so, what types of music do you like to play?

What's your day job?

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Has anyone let JoeB know that HE'S UP!!!

???

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
where are you?

Posts: 21339 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Donde esta Joe? You don't want to know what I think that thing looks like, Ax. If it were my question to answer, my answer wouldn't be pleasant.

HairRaising

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Donde esta Joe? You don't want to know what I think that thing looks like, Ax. If it were my question to answer, my answer wouldn't be pleasant.

HairRaising

Those things always look like colorized CAT scans of a pelvis to me. I think that makes me, clinically speaking, a total dweeb!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Ok, it looks like a fish to me with its head at the top that got totally stomped on.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:

ROTFLMAO

Professional Cynic
Never Offline
Picture of JoeB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 01 January 2011 04:16 AM
Joe,

Thank you for my selection as WTF-er of the month for January. I see the post was made around 4 AM on New YeaFirst off, happy new year!
Aren't you glad to be the first in 2011?

What's your favorite color?
What's your favorite hair color?

What's your favorite drink?

What's your favorite flower, fruit, or plant?

What's your favorite number?

What's your favorite alphabet?

What's your favorite mathematical or physical equation?

Which do you think makes the most accurate predictions of the future: (a) tarot cards, (b) crystal balls, (c) astrology, (d) fortune cookies, or (e) economists?

What do you look for in a girlfriend (or boyfriend, as the case may be), wife (or husband or civil union partner as the case may be), or mistress/lover?

How does it feel to be one of the very few outspoken conservative in liberal-leaning forum such as this?

What comes to your mind when you look at this:

Thank you for my selection as January WTF-er of the month. I notice that the post was made at 4 AM on New Years day. I would not have noticed the post at that time as I was in the middle of an emergency operation. New Years day for me was an extremely lucky event ending in much needed emergency surgery and a 4 day stay in the hospital. You may wonder how any 'lucky' event could end in emergency surgery. The reason it was 'lucky' is because the particular emergency room physicians had the knowledge and skill to recognize the extremely vague symptoms of a necrotic gall bladder and act decisevely to correct the problem. Apparently my sick gall bladder was way too big for the laproscopic removal procedure, so I have a line of staples that is quite impressive. I was released Wednesday afternoon to come home (and I doubt anyone was ever more ready to leave the hospital than me). I felt much better after the surgery and am continuing to feel better each day. On to the questions:

Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Hair Color: Brunette
Color that suits Justin Bieber’s hair: It’s about time for Justin to Brittany and chop off his hair, don’tcha think?

Favorite drink” Is that a trick question? Beer, of course. Post gall bladder consumption will be necessarily limited.

What's your favorite flower, fruit, or plant?: Not much for flowers, but a good tomato is a true joy.

What's your favorite number?: Irrational numbers are pretty interesting things, but physical constants are neat too. If I must choose one, I’ll go with Planck’s constant (represents the proportionality between the energy and the quantum wavelength of any particle) (6.626 times 10 to the -34th J·s).

What's your favorite alphabet? I think Greek letters look neat, but I gotta go with the Roman on this one.

What's your favorite mathematical or physical equation?: Hard to choose. The basic equations of motion are, in addition to being an introduction to Calculus, just plain neat.

Which do you think makes the most accurate predictions of the future: (a) tarot cards, (b) crystal balls, (c) astrology, (d) fortune cookies, or (e) economists?: A, B, and D are equivalent and very poor at predictions, C and E (astrology and economists) are even worse and, in the case of some economists, you might be able to invert their predictions for a slightly better result. Or not.

What do you look for in a girlfriend (or boyfriend, as the case may be), wife (or husband or civil union partner as the case may be), or mistress/lover?: Honesty and loyalty (it goes both ways).

How does it feel to be one of the very few outspoken conservative in liberal-leaning forum such as this?: Actually, not too bad. Even though the forum is pretty liberal most of the time, the forumites do a pretty good job of justifying their positions. Posting and reading a forum where everybody agrees with me seems pretty boring. I have occasionally been somewhat surprised at how I am actually one of the more liberal posters on some subjects.

What comes to your mind when you look at this: It is clearly an abstract artist’s depiction of Sarah and Todd dancing at Sarah’s inauguration ball in January 2013. Where do you find such things?

Posts: 976 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by JoeB

[/QUOTE]

What comes to your mind when you look at this: It is clearly an abstract artist’s depiction of Sarah and Todd dancing at Sarah’s inauguration ball in January 2013. Where do you find such things?[/QUOTE]

LOL

Have you put a picture of yourself in the pictures thread?
If not please put one here.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would not have noticed the post at that time as I was in the middle of an emergency operation.

Some people will do anything not to be WTFer of the Month.

quote:
Apparently my sick gall bladder was way too big for the laproscopic removal procedure, so I have a line of staples that is quite impressive.

worthless

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post