well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    January 2010 WTFer-of-the-Month...Rich Galassini!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2010 WTFer-of-the-Month...Rich Galassini!
 Login/Join

Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Wow,

Thats a good question, apple. That is kind of like asking me what kind of music I enjoy most.

There are so many flavors out there that I could never choose just one. I love home grown veggies with that "just picked" flavor, (you know what I mean), I love a great rare cut of beef, I enjoy well made pizza and sandwiches, coffee ice cream, red wine, chocolate,... I could go on and on.

Bottom line - I enjoy lovingly prepared food by someone who understands flavors - like me!! Wink

By the way, my latest passion has been Indian food. There are several good Indian restaurants in our area - it is like going on a 1 hour vacation. Incredible!!

Did I answer the question? Smiler

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
How many hours do you put into your store activities?

Seems like you enjoy concerts...how many and what do you choose to attend regularly?

Does your wife attend concerts, functions etc with you?

Did I miss...is she involved with music in some way?

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many hours do you put into your store activities?

Seems like you enjoy concerts...how many and what do you choose to attend regularly?

Does your wife attend concerts, functions etc with you?

Did I miss...is she involved with music in some way?

Hmmm... let's see.

Store activities? As much time as my family will allow - sometimes I get a little too involved, but they always help me achieve balance.

I love to hear good music - all kinds. In fact, I was recently discussing meeting Beacon Chris for an evening at The Met. I think it could easily be a WTF activity!

I do as much as possible with my wife. I wish we could do everything together because she is without question my best friend. (Sorry OT Wink)

Sharon, my wife, is not a musician. She was a political science major at Rutgers University, graduated with honors and immediately took a position with the Governors office in NJ. She loves small town holidays, classic movies, and good singers. In spite of this, she chose tomarry me. When we decided to start a family we agreed that one of us should stay home. Unfortunately, I lost the coin toss. Smiler

Truly, I would have loved to be home full time with our daughter. But somebody has to pay for the sheet music.

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
You sound like a nice family man. ;-)

Hyperthetical (or maybe not)

If you were to give a concert, what pieces would you choose to sing?

Who would you have acc you?

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you were to give a concert, what pieces would you choose to sing?

Who would you have acc you?

LL,

Thank you for this question. It makes me feel like I am still a musician. Frowner

Seriously, when I am hanging out with singers like these two:

... I don't feel very much like a REAL singer.

But hypothetically, I would sing Britten's serenade for tenor, horn, and strings. I did this years ago with a local chamber orchestra and I so loved singing it.

I would do some of my favorite arias like "Che gelida manina" and "Parmi". I would throw in a little oratorio - and since this is just pretend...

I would hire an ensemble and do The Courtiers Scene from Rigoletto, with me singing Rigoletto! I would love to be a baritone just to sing this part some day. I love it! ThumbsUp

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Rich, you're too modest. I'd love to hear you sing "Che gelida manina!"

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
January 2007 - Bongwater Q. Liberalstein
February 2007 - Cindysphinx
March 2007 - Doug
April 2007 rontuner
May 2007 - SAS
June 2007 - kluurs
July 2007 - Frycek
August 2007 - OperaTenor
September 2007 - Daniel
October 2007 - Pianolicious (USAPT)
November 2007 - CHAS
December 2007 - rustyfingers
January 2008 - Steve Miller
February 2008 - Matt G.
March 2008 - BeeLady
April 2008 - Muffin's sister
May 2008 - Nina
June 2008 - jodi
July 2008 - Copper
August 2008 - apple
September 2008 - Kenny
October 2008 - Bernard
November 2008 - big al
December 2008 - pianojuggler
January 2009 - Jeffrey
February 2009 - Rick Zimmer
March 2009 - Jack Frost and kathyk
April 2009 - RealPlayer
May 2009 - EHpianist
June 2009 - piqué
July 2009 - Qaanaaq-Liaaq
August 2009 - ShiroKuro
September 2009 - Beacon Chris
October 2009 - Bill_D
November 2009 - Mary Anna
December 2009 - piqaboo
January 2010 - rich galassini

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Time to choose another member to be the "pin up of the month"!

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Rich, I think that job is yours!

(don't pick me please!)

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I think the highest Karma WTF'er not hit so far may be Markb. Who else have we missed?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post