well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    Apple has moved on.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple has moved on.
 Login/Join

Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post
She was the best of us all.

Posts: 6034 | Location: SC Mountains | Registered: 24 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Niece Kelly sang this at my dad's memorial service...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-EycbbS4Q0

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
For anyone in the area, funeral arrangments have been made and are posted here.

The family has set up The Stevermer Children College Fund for the kids.

Perhaps that is what we should contribute to...
I will be there in spirit.

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Very nice Ron. Thank you for sharing that.

Thanks B L.

I like our new look. Such a spirit!

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
It has been my honor and pleasure to know Apple, and my delight and privilege to have met her at piano/forum parties and visited her in Kansas.

In memory of Apple:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehpccoQRvoU

Lyrics [translation] :

Requiem æternam dona eis [ Eternal rest grant unto them ]

lux perpetua luceat eis [ let perpetual light shine upon them ]
beloved mom, friend, and teacher, and wife and sister too
õun taevasse ülendatud [ apple ascended ]
Amamus te; requiescas in pace [we love you; rest in peace]

PDF manuscript: http://www.coffee-room.com/Ama...quiescas-In-Pace.pdf

(Acknowledgement:
First two lines Latin Requiem text from Wikipedia
Fourth line Estonian text translation by Google
Last line Latin translation by the Muffin Clan and ivorythumper
Last melodic phrase a quotation from one of Apple's favorite: Psy's GangNam Style)

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of susan dorris
posted Hide Post
I am speechless, poetry escapes me. Grief is all there is.

I will go to the service if the roads are not icy.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: 21 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by susan dorris:
I am speechless, poetry escapes me. Grief is all there is.

I will go to the service if the roads are not icy.

But be careful, Susan. You don't have any wiggle room in terms of even slight skidding after your hip surgery!

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of susan dorris
posted Hide Post
No worries! I don't drive on ice. Certainly not 250 miles.

Tonight we have freezing rain, probably turning to snow. I might not even make the 6 block trip to church tomorrow! I might not even leave the house.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: 21 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I never met Mary. I never knew her at all really, but through the magic of the internet I feel as though she was my neighbor and my friend. She shared so much with me - her love of music, her love of art, her love for her family and her extraordinary life history. She shared that with all of us.

Plain and simple, mostly. Unvarnished. The simple joy of a life lived to the fullest - of a life shared with so many others. She spoke eloquently of simple tasks - mowing, cooking, gardening, keeping house, playing music at church. Raising kids, dogs, driving, painting and building. Mostly though, she spoke of people and the joy she found in knowing them, working with them, teaching them, helping them, and each time she did I would resolve to do a better job of each of those things as I conduct my own life.

I never met Mary. Despite that fact she had a profound effect on my life as I daresay she has had on many others. I grieve for those close to her and the pain they must feel on her passing. I grieve for Kim, her children and the people whose lives she touched every day. Hers was a special gift and I pray that the passage of time brings them some solace.

She will be missed.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
That was beautifully stated, Steve.

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post
Frowner She was an amazing person. Farewell, Apple, rest in peace.

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:
I rember so many things she said. Like that she would get up after her wifely "duties" and play into the wee hours of the morning. I remember she said her hubbie wooed her with a box of sheet music bought at a garage sale on their first date. She was quite the free spirit before she married too. She actually worked for a bike shop owner in la Jolla that we met up here. Small world.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rich galassini:
On PW she lost her sign in at some point and reregistered as apple*.

She said the " * " was a kiss. Frowner

I was just thinking about that! I'm sitting here crying over a person I never met. I didn't know her at all except through her posts, but in a way, you can know a person better that way sometimes than if you knew them in person.

Posts: 5151 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 02 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of TomK
posted Hide Post
Sweet, kind, gentle, lovely apple. And she could be a bit feisty when she was of a mood. She was truly one of the originals of this world. You always knew exactly where you stood with her. She really was a remarkable woman. I love her and I miss her.

One of our agreements was that no matter what happened we would always pray for each other. I always have and always will. And I know she did and will do the same for me.

Rest in Peace.

Posts: 2293 | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Tom, it makes me so happy to see you. I wish it were under happier circumstances. I hope you'll stay around and catch us us on your goings on.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post